Frequently Asked Questions about Ayushman Bharat - Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana
"AYUSHMAN BHARAT-SARBAT SEHAT BIMA YOJANA” is a flagship State Health Insurance Program of the Government of Punjab that shall cover 45.89 lakh families in the State.
A health insurance cover of 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization (in-patient services) for treatment of listed diseases and medical conditions.
The Scheme covers 1396 treatment packages that include hospitalization expenses, daycare surgeries, 3 days pre and 15 days post-hospitalization expenses and treatment of newborn child. The comprehensive list of services is available on the website www.shapunjab.in.
In Punjab, 45.89 Lakh families are entitled for coverage under the Scheme. This includes SECC 2011 data families, Smart Ration Card holder families, J-Form holder farmers, Small traders registered with Excise & Taxation Department, Small & Marginal Farmers, Accredited & Yellow Card Journalist and Construction workers registered with Punjab Building & Other Construction Workers Welfare Board. The database of the beneficiaries is provided by Food and Civil Supply Department, Punjab (Smart Ration card holder families), Excise & Taxation Department (Traders), Punjab Mandi Board (J-form holder farmers, Small and Marginal Farmers), PUNMEDIA (Accredited and Yellow Card Journalist) and Construction Workers Welfare Board (Construction workers).
Services under the scheme can be availed at all empaneled private and public hospitals. Information about empanelled hospitals is available on www.shapunjab.in. Beneficiaries can also call the helpline number 104 for any information/query. For checking their eligibility and to get the E-card, beneficiaries can visit their nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) and the details of CSCs are also available on the website www.shapunjab.in. In need of emergency medical treatment, beneficiary can directly go to any empaneled hospital and meet Arogya Mitra for further guidance.
No. All eligible beneficiaries can avail free in-patient services for listed secondary and tertiary care treatment as per the identified package list under AB-SSBY at empaneled private and public hospitals located in Punjab & Chandigarh.
AB-SSBY is an entitlement-based scheme. There is no enrolment process. Families who are identified by the Government of India based on SECC 2011 data, Smart Ration card holders families as per the database of Food and Civil Supplies, Small & Marginal Farmers and J-form holder farmer families as per data provided by Punjab Mandi Board, Small trader families as per data provided by Excise & Taxation Department, Accredited & Yellow Card Journalist as per data provided by PUNMEDIA, and Registered Construction worker families as per data provided by the Construction Worker Welfare Board are entitled to AB-SSBY
PARAMETERS TO IDENTIFY THE BENEFICIARIES:-
- SECC Beneficiary- Search by name, Mobile Number, HH ID (household), ration card No., AB-SSBY ID
- Smart Ration card Holder Beneficiary- Search by 12-digit Ration Card number on the Smart Ration Card issued by Food and Civil Supplies Department under NFSA Act.
- In the case of old ration card numbers which are alphanumeric the beneficiary can be searched in the following manner:
If the ration card number is FZK1234567, then search "030001234567" a number obtained by replacing first 3 alphabets “FZK” with "03000"
In case you are carrying old hand-written Ration Cards, please visit your ration depot holder to replace the old hand-written Ration card with the new Smart Ration Card
- Farmer Beneficiary- Search by first 3 alphabets of the district name + last 6 digits of Adhaar Number+ first 4 alphabets of the farmer's name
For Example - Farmer "Parminder Singh" of district Hoshiarpur having last 6 digits of Adhaar number as 123456, so Farmer ID is "HOS123456PARM"
- Trader Beneficiary-Search by Individual PAN card number of the trader who is registered with Excise and Taxation Department
- Construction Worker Beneficiary- Search by Registration number of Construction Worker registered with BoCWWB
- In this phase, no additional new families can be added under AB-SSBY. However, names of additional family members can be added only in case of families of J-Form holder farmers, families of registered Small traders and families of registered construction workers based on the family identification document produced by the Beneficiary at the point of contact. The family is defined as under:
“Beneficiary Family Unit of Department Families will comprise of the Head of the Family/Main Member and any of his or her following relatives, irrespective of whether or not they are dependent or residing with the Main Member:
- Unmarried Children
- Widow and divorcee daughters and their minor children; and
- Widow daughter-in-law and her minor children
- In case of Smart Ration card holder families, and SECC families, the detail of family members is already available in the database and no addition of new family can be done. Only new family members of the existing families can be added in the following cases:
- Marriage (Spouse)
- New Born Baby
A dedicated AB-SSBY family identification number will be allotted to eligible families. Print of individual e-card will also be given to every family member at the Common service Centre by paying thirty rupees per card.